Main Guard Roof
For the Government of Gibraltar we are currently re-roofing the Main Guard Building for the Heritage Trust.
The project involves in renovating the building and restoring it to it’s former glory. This first package contains the re-roofing of the complete building. Since it is an old building, a lot of works to the roof could not be foreseen and have been decided on site with the project team, including the architect and the structural engineer of the project.
Works of this package include:
- Introducing 4 no. of steel beams to support the existing rafters
- Stripping the existing roof of it’s sheeting and removing the existing sarking board
- Replacing where needed the original rafters/joists
- Installing new sarking boards
- Installing of Spanish roof tiles bedded in lime mortar
- Re-construction of original chimney
- Installing new lead gutters and installing new zinc gutters and downpipes